January 30, 2014

unpinned

Homemade Vick's  Shower Disks


Last week M and I both had a cold.  Talk about gross runny noses and coughs!!  I remember I had pinned these homemade Vick's shower disks and the thought of vicks vapor steaming my clogged nose in the shower was just plain heavenly.

I have to be honest though, I ASSUMED this pin called for actual Vicks vapor rub when in fact it calls for essential oils that when combined, smell like Vick's.  Boo!  So I do what I usually do when I don't have the correct ingredients, push on and hope for the best.  

I mixed Vick's vapor rub with water and baking soda to make a cream.  I put it into cupcake liners and let sit which is what the recipe says but they didn't harden up so I baked them for 10 minutes at 350 degree.  I plopped the little disk inside of my steam shower and waited for magic.  It did smell really good and helped my nose a little but it wasn't as strong as I was hoping.  It also left the bottom of our shower slimy and a major fall risk.

I really can't say I would recommend this for a repin because I didn't follow instructions to a T but it may be worth a try with the essential oils.  How much are those anyway?




No comments:

Post a Comment