January 2, 2013

early bird


Happy New Year!!  2012 came and went and I'm sure 2013 will be the same! Time flies.....


apartment therapy
My New Year's Resolution is to STOP snoozing.  I've created a pretty bad habit of snoozing my alarm clock 2, 3, 10 times in the morning!  I even plan ahead for this horrible habit, setting my alarm clock at night to allow for half an hour of restless sleep. But no longer my friends! I will wake up with a smile on the first try, ready to tackle the day.

Joe and I share the same resolution which makes it easier. The worst is getting up early while he peacefully stays put. Joe wants to be an early bird and have time in the mornings instead of rushing to work eating granola bars on the way. I can't say I disagree.

He sent me several articles written about the positives of waking up early, these two stood out...

"That discipline will get exhausted over the course of the day as we deal with annoying colleagues, traffic and bickering children, but in the morning, we can tackle the world."

"Seizing your mornings is the equivalent of that sound financial advice to pay yourself before you pay your bills. If you wait until the end of the month to save what you have left, there will be nothing left over. Likewise, if you wait until the end of the day to do meaningful but not urgent things like exercise, pray, read, ponder how to advance your career or grow your organization, or truly give your family your best, it probably won’t happen." 

This morning was great, granted, we layed around all day recovering from New Year's Eve and made it to bed at 11PM:)  I'll take it!  Wish me luck as 2013 tries to convert this night owl to a chipper early bird.

No comments:

Post a Comment