January 4, 2013

out of the ordinary







Every once in a while, Real Simple publishes 'New Uses for Old Things."  I love reading through these and finding ways to use ordinary items I already have. They are creative and save money!  Here are my favorites from 2012:


A colander as an ice bucket


Orange colander holding ice
What a great way to avoid a watered down ice bucket!

Deodorant as a blister fixer

Deodorant as Blister Preventer

My friend Laura gave me a blister elixir as a gift and I absolutely love it!  I can wear new shoes without fear of sore feet half way through the day.  The deodorant works the same way, providing a friction free zone so your shoes don't rub your feet raw.


Pencil eraser as an earring back

Pencil eraser used to secure earring



I am always losing my earring backs and haven't had time to buy replacements.  This is a perfect time and money saver!



Oven mitt for a heat guard


Oven mitt as heat gaurd


Unplug and toss in your bag without waiting for a cool down.  

No comments:

Post a Comment